Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Luther Burger and more...


Thanks to my buddy Matt I have discovered the coveted recipe for the Twitty burger, the headlining burger at the late Conway Twitty's now defunct restaurant chain. You can get a gander at the recipe from the comments section of the last post or you can go here.

Now I know I'm a little behind the curve on this one, but another burger which has laid heavy on my mind and stomach is the Luther Burger. Legend has it that the Luther Burger got its name because it was a favorite of, and invented by, Luther Vandross. The Luther Burger consists of one all beef patty, a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, two strips of bacon, and two glazed Krispy Kreme dounuts for buns. This monstrosity of a cheeseburger has quite a following on the web due to its sheer culinary audacity. The Luther Burger laughs at adversity and shouts a hearty "fuck you" to the American Heart Association as it lays waste to your circulatory system. I myself have never had a Luther Burger, but have decided when I do I'm going to take it to the next level and do it Paula Deen style.

Next week in our ongoing burger series we discuss the origins and criticisms of the Hamdog.

Take it away Conway:

3 comments:

  1. Luther Vandross suffered from diabetes and strokes all around. He died up in here back in double aught five. And though cause of death was never released, I would like to think that it was due to a conscious decision on his part to indulge in one last Luther Burger . . . even if it killed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best bumper sticker I ever saw:

    "The best friend a song ever had was Conway Twitty."

    Currently, there's this one for the low, low bid $0.99 on Ebay: "I'd rather be at a Conway Twitty Concert"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you that that is without a doubt the best bumper sticker ever made. I may have to rip that one off. Whatta ya say Matt, can we do it?

    ReplyDelete